Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Remembering John


I just returned from the Houston Quilt Festival. It is my annual fantasy vacation. My wonderful sister treats me like a queen. I have been going for 13 years and I think this year was the best. The quilt pictured was amazing. It was done by a guy who was asked to do a T shirt quilt of rock bands. He had never seen a T shirt quilt(thank God), and proceeded to put the shirts in the border and created the center using machine applique. This piece was then auctioned at the local school for $20,000. I was told it now hangs in the bedroom of a teenager. I hope it gets the admiration it deserves.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

beth said...

I should have known you'd be there! I had two VERY little quilts there with a crazy quilt exhibit. I'm sure that will be the only time I ever have something hanging there. :)