Sunday, March 21, 2010

OH THOSE FEATHERS


I had really high hopes for this piece, even though it is a "what if?" I fused the feather and unfortunately, you can't always predict fraying. The edges of some plumes frayed more than others. I admit in my rush to do this my fusing probably wasn't as sealed as it could have been. The real joy was the thread. I had purchased a box of Hemingworth poly select last year and never used it. It is incredible thread and the sheen is very soft. I used it in the background. I used a polyester in the plumes and edge stitched the plumes with a 50 weight DMC. I still love cotton for my big quilts, but I think I will be more flexible with my smaller pieces. So that's my Sunday sermon about thread!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

I think I'm in love with that feather.

Micki said...

It is a gorgeous feather!
Micki