Tuesday, June 5, 2012

BOOK LOVE


                                                          
                                                                                                   
I have been waiting for this book for quite some time. I was intrigued by the skinny slivers I see in some art quilts. Lisa O'Nells method is quite different. It adds more weight to the block due to the areas where there are four layers of fabric. I think this can be an added advantage to some projects. As I was sewing, it occurred to me I could have used a template to create this same fan appearance, but I must tell you I loved sewing the sections. It went really fast even though I forgot to chain piece as she suggested. There are other quilts in the book where the slivers are not as regular and look more on the artsy side. I think this is a book to add to your library. I love it.

No comments: